Summary of rules
Threatening, abusive, intolerant or illegal behaviour may lead to moderation and/or further measures. We have a zero tolerance approach to discrimination, including (but not limited to) racism, sexism, homophobia or transphobia. Moderation decisions are final.
The Content Warning flag should be used for NSFW content, and NSFW media should be marked as sensitive.
Account registrations are monitored and accounts considered spam (including commercial advertising, political campaigning/propaganda, duplicate accounts or impersonating legal entities) will be moderated or removed.
We fully subscribe to and comply with the Mastodon Server Covenant. A number of instance blocks are implemented to comply with the principles of the covenant and to prevent our users from being exposed to content that does not comply with our instance rules.
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of social.grimneko.de; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
- The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
- The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Casteism or advocation of casteism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
- Spreading disinformation or conspiracy theories that undermine public health
- The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany, including holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
- Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.